PAYMENTS & BILLING
• Initial fifteen-minute consultation by Zoom or telephone is complimentary.
• Final proofreading and checking of all work supplied is the responsibility of the customer.
• The Customer understands Jelani Sales, estimated time and cost for completing the Work is an informal calculation and that any adjustments to the amount of work, schedule and/or the number of hours and fees is subject to review and renegotiation with the Customer when necessary.
• Any errors must be reported within two (2) days of receipt of completed work. Errors generated by Jelani Sales will be rectified free of charge, but amendments or alterations requested by the customer thereafter will be charged at the standard hourly rate.
• If, however, on receipt of the item to be worked on or at an early stage, it becomes apparent that significantly more work is required than had been anticipated in the preliminary discussion/brief, Jelani Sales may renegotiate the fee and/or the deadline.
• Similarly, if, during the term of Jelani’s work, additional tasks are requested by the Customer, Jelani may renegotiate the fee and/or the deadline.
• Should ongoing project work be suspended or delayed through any default of the customer, Jelani Sales shall be entitled to immediate payment for work already carried out and expenses incurred.
• An agreement, in writing or by email, of a set number of hours a week or month may not be carried over to subsequent periods by the customer, without prior written agreement from both parties.
• Customers will be invoiced either after an individual assignment is completed or on an ongoing monthly basis.
• First time customers will initially be invoiced in advance of work commencing then all subsequent invoices will be at the end of every month.
• Invoices are to be settled within forty eight (48) hours upon the delivery unless otherwise agreed. The final invoice shall include billable time, reimbursable expenses, and any other fees related to the Work.
• Unpaid bills will incur interest, as per government guidelines. It is at my discretion whether work continues after a bill remains unpaid beyond 2 days of no payment.
• Billable time includes meetings and calls outside of contracted hours, and includes the writing and/or reading of correspondence sent by mail or email.
• A time report will be provided with the invoice unless the customer requests otherwise.
PAYMENTS & BILLING
• All postage, printing and other stationery expenses bought on behalf of the customer’s business will be added to the invoice for reimbursement.
• Payment to be made by bank transfer.
• Once an invoice becomes overdue, no further work will be undertaken.
• Under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998 / GDPR, the Customer and Jelani may keep on record such information (e.g. contact details) as is necessary. Either may view the other’s records to ensure that they are relevant, correct and up to date.
• Either the Customer or Jelani has the right to terminate a contract for services if there is a serious breach of its terms.
• to conduct your business affairs in a professional manner and avoid behaviour that could bring your business and reputation into disrepute.
• to conduct Jelani Sales business affairs based on sound, ethical principles and will communicate fairly and honestly with your customers, associates, employees and suppliers.
• to make an honest representation of our skills, experience and qualifications at all times.
• to respect the confidentiality of your personal and business practices and recognise your ownership of any intellectual copyright pertaining to your business activities.
• to strive to maintain our high professional standards by staying abreast of advances within the Virtual Assistant industry and to strive for excellence through professional improvement.
• to keep all acquired personal data safe and secure and ensure it is only used for it’s intended purpose, in accordance with GDPR and all regulations set by the ICO.
The notice period is one month and in writing, but I appreciate this isn’t always possible.
Monday – Friday 08:00am – 18:00 pm
Saturday 09:00am – 12:00pm
Family and relaxation time is from 18:00 Monday to Friday, and any communication outside of these hours will normally be dealt with on the next working day unless agreed in advance.
We prefer to receive all communication and instructions via email, email@example.com
Our retained clients get priority. If you know you’ll be needing a set amount of hours every month, a specific task completed every month, or there’s a possibility any of your tasks will need our attention within three working days then a retainer package is your best option. This can be discussed.
• Please note all information given to Jelani Sales are protected, back-up and stored in a safe place.
• Jelani Sales purpose of the client information given, is to purely do the needed as per customer’s request in terms of cold calling, database building and/or management.
• By signing this document you as The Customer to Jelani Sales is giving us consent to call your clients / database information to do the required service.
• If you are POPI compliant, please forward the needed documents to us to ensure transparency for all parties.